This function allows you to manage your Purchase Returns. Purchase Return is usually used when you return any products, cancel services or your supplier provide further discount to your purchases.
*Purchase Return will deduct your stock quantity and amount will be posted into your accounts which will affect your Stock and Accounting report.
To access Purchase Return, click on the Purchase Menu > Purchase Return.
There are 2 sections in Purchase Return main page:
This section will show a summary of your Purchase Returns for the past 12 months. It also summarizes these transactions into 4 different status: Unapplied, Partially Applied, Fully Applied and Void.
This section is a listing of all your Purchase Return. You can View, Edit, Void / Unvoid, Apply, Print or Delete any Purchase Return from the listing by accessing the last “Action” column.
Creating a new Purchase Return
1. Click on the “+New” button.
2. Select your supplier. Supplier information such as Name, Address etc will display accordingly if you had maintained it at Creditor.
3. Key in any other fields at the header as require, especially “Supplier Invoice No” and “Supplier C/N No”. You may leave the “P/R No” empty if wish to run system auto numbering. The next possible number is usually displayed at the title.
4. At the detail section, select products or services that you wish to return, cancel or any further discount provided. You may also want to key in detail such as Qty, Unit Price etc if required.
5. For goods return, you will need to tick the “Return?” column. This means that the product will return to the supplier and your quantity will deduct. If it is not for the purpose of return goods, untick this column.
6. Click on the “Save” button to save the transaction.
7. After saving the Purchase Return, usually you will need to apply the Purchase Return against Purchase Invoice. At Purchase Return main page, click on the arrow down button à Apply on the Purchase Return that is created just now.
8. A new Knock Off Entry will show and the supplier information will be copied over accordingly.
9. Tick on the Purchase Invoice that you wish to apply the Purchase Return. You can change the apply amount if require. You can also tick on multiple Purchase Invoices if the Purchase Return is used to knock off against multiple Purchase Invoices.
10. Click on the “Save” button to save the transaction.
For overseas supplier, you can key in the currency rate at the “Rate” column.
Copy from Purchase Invoice
If you want to copy the information and details from a Purchase Invoice, you can use “Copy from Purchase Invoice”.
1. At Purchase Return main page, click on the arrow down button beside the “+New” button à Copy from Purchase Invoice.
2. A dialog will appear. You can search and select which Purchase Invoice that you wish to copy and click “Copy”.
3. A new Purchase Return will prompt with copied information from the Purchase Invoice that you had selected.
4. You can make any changes as required. Click on the “Save” button to save this transaction.
*You will need to apply the Purchase Return as copying from Purchase Invoice does not mean that it will apply your Purchase Return against that Purchase Invoice.
Print Purchase Return
You can print or export Purchase Return for filing purpose.
1. At Purchase Return main page, click on the arrow down button à Print on the Purchase Return that you wish to print. You can also click on the “Action” > Print if you are viewing the Purchase Return.
2. A small dialog will appear. Select your Report Name and click “OK”.
3. The Purchase Return printout will be generated.
4. You can now print or export to the format that you want.
View Knock Off Details
If you want to know which transaction the Purchase Return is applying against, you can use “View Knock Off Details”. Usually, Purchase Return will be used to knock off against Purchase Invoice.
1. View the Purchase Return that you wish to check on the knock off details.
2. Click on the “Action” button à View Knock Off Details.
3. A small dialog will appear. It will show any related transaction that this Purchase Return knock off.
Printing Purchase Return Listing
If you want to printout a listing of your Purchase Return or maybe batch printing multiple Purchase Return, you can use “Print Listing” function to achieve this.
1. At Purchase Return main page, click on the “Print Listing” button.
2. Select Report Type. There are 2 selection:
- Batch Print Purchase Return: To print multiple Purchase Return.
- Print Purchase Return Listing: To print Purchase Return listing.
3. Select Report Name. Report Name will be based on the Report Type that you had selected.
4. Define your filters and options. This will determine the results and presentation of the generated report.
5. Click on the “Run Report” button to generate the report.
6. The report will be generated based on your selection.
7. You can now print or export to the format that you want.